Saturday, September 22, 2012

Weight Issues

This morning I took Brea to the vet's office.  I wanted to weigh her because she looks like she's been putting on some weight.

June 22, 2012
The first picture shows Brea shortly after she came to live with me.  I thought at the time that she was a little underweight.  She weighed about 42 pounds.  I remember thinking then that she weighed less than Molly did when she died.

Molly, Feb. 16, 2012.  About 50 pounds.


September 20, 2012
Today she weighs about 51 pounds.  I think she's at a healthier weight.  Her ribs are not so prominent and she has a lot more energy, but we're at the point of having to be careful not to gain any more.

Molly, May 14, 2010.  About 60 pounds.
Obviously, there's no way to do a side by side comparison, but until today I hadn't realized that Molly was probably a bigger dog than Brea.  At the time, I thought of Molly as being petite for a pit bull, because I've seen some that weighed eighty and ninety pounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment