Friday, July 12, 2013

Guard Dog



This evening I was relaxing downstairs, reading and dozing in my chair, and both dogs were upstairs.  The house was very, very quiet.  I got up to get some coffee and suddenly heard a dog growling upstairs, and Brea came charging down the stairs.  She stopped suddenly when she saw me, stared for a moment, and then turned and went back upstairs.



I guess she forgot that I was even in the house.  This was the first time I've seen or heard her act like a watchdog.  Usually, when someone comes to the front door, both she and Siri might come downstairs, but then they just stand or sit and stare at the door without making a sound.



We're not in a high crime area, but I still like having a dog that's going to announce its presence when someone comes to the door.



No comments:

Post a Comment