Saturday, January 24, 2015

Special Walk

It's about 3:00 in the morning and Siri and I just returned from a long walk.  About an hour ago she decided that I'd had enough sleep and it was time to go outside.  Brea stayed in bed.  I put Siri's harness with the blinky light on her and attached a twenty foot lead and we went out into the mixed rain and snow and started walking.

No nighttime photography tonight - Siri at Bee Tree Park near St. Louis in 2013.

Siri seemed so happy!  Moving a lot more freely than she can on a 6-foot leash, she ran circles around me and onto lawns to sniff things she normally can't reach, never pulling hard like she usually does on the short line.  I was able to keep up a pretty good pace.  Walking one dog this way is definitely easier than walking two.  It was a good walk for both of us.


By the way - when I made these pictures Siri weighed about seventy pounds.  Last week I took her in for her checkup and for some vaccinations and she now weighs 100 pounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment