Sunday, December 22, 2019

Meet Faye

Meet Faye, the newest member of the pack:

Faye was born November 8, one of a litter of seven. I thought about naming her Seven, after Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01, on Star Trek Voyager, but that seemed like a lot of name for a little dog.

I was thinking of Lena. My coworkers were voting for Lexi.

I also liked the name Waciwi, which means Dancing Girl in the Lakota Sioux language.

When I told my mom about the new puppy today, she said right away that I should name her Faye. Faye is from Old English Faie, which means fairy. Of course I always do what my mom wants, always have. Sometimes.

Faye weighed 7.5 lbs. at her checkup on Thursday, 2.5 lbs. more than Siri did at the same age.

Right now the big dogs are being kind of skittish and standoffish with her. She tries to get close to them and they jump up and move away. Hopefully they'll get used to each other soon. The cat seems indifferent.



1 comment: