Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Appreciating Older Dogs

There's nothing like a new, uncivilized puppy to make you appreciate your older dog. Brea is already housebroken; she's used to my weird work schedule; (usually) stays off the furniture; doesn't try to eat my shoes; doesn't bite my feet; is pretty easy to walk on a leash. I'm sure more will occur to me after I finish this post.

New Puppy - I still haven't decided on a name - is keeping me busy. She's either sleeping or 100% on, and when she's on, she's in constant motion, getting into things, exploring, chewing. She'll probably grow up to be the Number One Alpha Bitch in this house - she can already intimidate both Brea and Neighbor Cat and get them to back away from their food dishes.  Brea doesn't challenge her directly for food or toys, but waits until she isn't looking, or isn't in the room, to grab whatever it is she wants and take it upstairs to enjoy in peace.

Earlier this evening, I thought things were a little quiet, and I went to see what Puppy was doing while I was doing laundry, and I found her in the living room:


On the couch.

 
I put her on the floor and watched as she immediately climbed back up, with a great deal of effort.  Training this one's going to be lots of fun, I can see that already.


No comments:

Post a Comment