Thursday, June 21, 2012

Brea's Surprise


I took Brea to Animal Care Associates this morning to be spayed and microchipped.  A couple hours later, Dr. Tackett called to tell me that after they had sedated her and shaved her belly, they discovered a spay scar.  So, one less thing to worry about. They did go ahead with the microchip. It's a relief to have both of those things behind us.

A fast moving thunderstorm came through the area while I was there, with some rain and thunder on the drive home. Brea whined a little and seemed anxious to get in the house.


She continued the whining and pacing once she was in the house, and I attributed it to the storm. After a few minutes, I went upstairs to check on her and discovered that she had peed on the floor in the upstairs hall. First time for everything. I'm blaming it on the storm and the lingering effects of the anesthesia. I took her back outside and she went some more. I hope that's the end of it.


Wouldn't you know, today was trash pickup day, and that includes picking up newspapers for recycling - newspapers I needed as part of my cleaning up dog urine on the carpet protocol. Oh, well.

The people at Animal Care thought that Brea seemed a little calmer than the last time they saw her.

I'm glad she didn't have to have surgery. Maybe tomorrow we can go on a hike, weather permitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment